Monday, June 14, 2010

DQS 9


I have, once again, joined the next round of the Flickr Doll Quilt Swap. I don't do very many swaps but the doll quilt swap is one that I really enjoy doing. This will be the 4th time I join this particular swap. I can only say good things about this very well organized swap full of very impressive quilters, lots of eye candy and a very active community. It is in such high demand that sign ups usually close within 2 days!

I know I already have a long list of projects to finish (see left side bar) but I actually added this swap to the top of list because I knew I would join it as soon as sign ups were open. The good thing is that I don't have to send out the quilt until September 1st. That's plenty of time to work on this little quilt. I think I will need all of that time to come up with a really good plan because I have received my partner and am now feeling "stage fright!"

So what is a swap? Basically someone organizes a swap, takes sign ups of people that want to join, then assigns partners. You basically make a quilt (in this case a doll quilt) for your partner, and your partner (usually a different person) makes a quilt for you. The DQS9 is a secret swap so you can't just go and ask your partner what they would like. Instead you fill out a questionnaire when you sign up and provide links to your blog and to your "likes" so that your partner can get a feel for what you like and "stalk" you in order to get an idea of what to make you.

Here are just a few of my recent favorites:

1 comment:

susan said...

its funny, it never occured to me someone might not know what a swap is!! good idea